CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- Contract The Contract of Hire shall be between the Hirer and the Property Owner and subject to the Conditions of Hire. Dart Valley Cottages Limited act only as Agents.
- Payment and booking A provisional booking can be accepted by telephone and must be confirmed within 7 days by the arrival of a booking form and the required deposit plus booking fee of £15. Provisional reservations will be cancelled after 7 days without further reference. All parts of the booking form must be completed including all guests names. No more than the number of persons shown in the brochure and included on the booking form may occupy a property. For bookings made more than 6 weeks before your holiday a deposit of one third of the holiday price and booking fee of £15 is required. Balance of payment must be sent 6 weeks prior to holiday. For bookings made less than 6 weeks before your holiday the total amount and booking fee of £15 is required.
- Period of hire Your holiday cottage will be ready for you after 3 or 4pm on arrival day and you must leave by 10am on departure day. Changeover day is Friday or Saturday as shown in the property details (unless otherwise indicated), although a different day may be arranged out of season.
- Care of the property The cottage must be left in a clean and tidy condition by 10am on departure day, and breakages and/or damage reported and paid for. Where security bonds are held by Dart Valley Cottages, they will be returned to you as soon as possible, after the property has been checked at the end of your stay. Any extra cleaning charges and costs of repairs or replacements shall be deducted from this deposit. The number of persons staying at the cottage must not exceed the number stated on your booking form.
- Pets Dogs are allowed in some properties, at an extra charge of £25 per week. They are permitted on the strict understanding that they are kept off the furniture, are not allowed upstairs or in bedrooms, and are never left alone in the property. They must be exercised daily away from the property and garden. Hirers will be liable for any damage caused by pets (dogs not allowed on some beaches in summer).
- Right of entry The property owner or his representative shall be allowed the right of entry at all reasonable times for inspection, repair or maintenance purposes.
- Holiday cancellation and curtailment Insurance – applicable to all bookings Cancellation Your booking is a legally binding contract, and like all contracts you should protect yourself in case things go wrong. Once the deposit is paid you will be liable for the whole rental. That’s why we ask for all our bookings to be protected by holiday cancellation and curtailment insurance. It is a condition of your booking that you make arrangements to insure against the possible cancellation of your holiday. We regret that cancellations for whatever reason are chargeable. You must make your own arrangements for your insurance. If you do not indicate on your booking form that you have insurance we will send you an application form which may provide the appropriate cover, however, this statement does not constitute a recommendation or advice that you should purchase that particular policy. Dart Valley Cottages Limited are not authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and we are not therefore permitted to make any recommendations or provide you with advice about any particular insurance product.
- Cancellation (other reasons) In the event of the applicant wishing to cancel the arrangements prior to the commencement of the letting and for the reasons not covered by your cancellation policy, the balance will still be due upon notifying the office in writing. We shall endeavour to re-let the property for the period concerned or for such part thereof as may prove possible. If such re-letting can be arranged, the balance, if already paid, will be refunded less a charge for any additional expenses, the deposit and booking fee are non-refundable. All payments are non-refundable and should be dealt with by your own cancellation insurance provider.
- Availability The Hiring Contract is made on the understanding that the property and its facilities as published will be available for the dates stated. In the unlikely event that a property is not available through events arising out of the control of Dart Valley Cottages or the owner, then Dart Valley Cottages may be forced to cancel the booking. The hirer will be advised of any such circumstances as early as possible, and will (where feasible)be offered alternative accommodation of a similar standard, type, location and price. If this is not possible, or if the alternative offered is unacceptable, then Dart Valley Cottages will refund all monies paid in full – but the Hirer will have no further claims against Dart Valley Cottages or the owner.
- Linen Bed linen and/or towels (excluding beach towels) are supplied for some cottages, for others you are required to bring your own. Bed linen is not provided for ‘Z’ beds or cots.
- Complaints All properties have been inspected by Dart Valley Cottages, but we cannot accept responsibility for any changes made by the owner since our inspection, or failure by the owner to keep the property up to standard. In the unlikely event of any complaint you should immediately contact the owner or caretaker who will attempt to resolve the problem for you. It has to be stressed that we cannot consider complaints reported after you have returned home from your holiday, when the visitor has denied Dart Valley Cottages or the Owners the opportunity of investigating the complaint and endeavouring to put matters right during the holiday.
- Brochure Dart Valley Cottages take every care to ensure the accuracy of property descriptions. All information is given in good faith and believed correct at the time of going to press, but Dart Valley Cottages cannot be held responsible for any errors, or the results of such errors. Further, Dart Valley Cottages cannot accept liability for happenings outside its reasonable control, such as breakdown of domestic appliances, plumbing, wiring, sudden temporary invasion of pests, damage resulting from exceptional weather conditions or owner’s negligence resulting in loss, injury or accident.
- Liability The Company’s liability shall not exceed the amount actually paid as rental by the hirer for the accommodation rented to him/her from the Company. It is an express condition of this Booking that neither the Property Owner nor Dart Valley Cottages be held responsible for any accident, loss or damage which may be sustained by any hirer, member of his party, or visitor, or their property, however caused.
Disclaimer: Use of the property is at your own risk. Tenants must take extra care, especially the supervision of children, in properties where there are steep gardens and steps, swimming pools and ponds, balconies and terraced areas. It is the responsibility of the tenants to ensure the property suits their needs, if you have any special requirements please advise us before booking.
- Price changes The agents reserve the right to amend prices quoted in the brochure or website, due to errors and/or omissions.
- Short breaks Most cottages offer short breaks during the period November – Easter excluding Christmas. They can sometimes be booked at other times but usually only at short notice during May, June, July, August and September.
- Lost property Please note if you wish to have any items returned, there is a minimum handling charge of £10.
- Country stone cottages Some of our delightful traditional cottages are over 100 years old. Although we inspect our properties very carefully, it is natural and understandable that these properties may occasionally be prone to humidity effect.
- Fuel Gas, electric and oil is included in the rental price. For properties with open fires/wood burners the provision of logs is detailed in the individual property descriptions.
- Noise and nuisance Neither the Agents nor the Property Owner can accept responsibility for any noise or nuisance, including building work, outside the boundary of the property, over which they have no control.
- Smoking All our properties are non-smoking.
© 2012-2013 Dart Valley Cottages Ltd